Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Delta

The forum of the popular Digimon adoptable site, Digimon Delta.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Garcia claims back-to-back victories

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ngdaubiet
Ultimate
Ultimate

Garcia claims back-to-back victories  Empty
PostSubject: Garcia claims back-to-back victories    Garcia claims back-to-back victories  I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 am

Spain's Sergio Garcia is back in the world's top 20 after completing a remarkable seven days with a second successive victory on home soil in Sunday's Andalucia Masters.
Last week, the 31-year-old romped to a facile 11-shot success in the Castello Masters, but this time around Garcia had to dig much deeper, beating compatriot and Ryder Cup teammate Miguel Angel Jimenez (70) by just one stroke after carding a level par 71 for a six-under-par 72-hole total of 278.
Garcia looked to be coasting to victory once again when he led by three shots with three holes to play, but Jimenez birdied 16 and 17 to narrow the gap.
However, Garcia held his nerve to par the final hole and secure his first-ever success on Spain's most famous course after three runner-up positions in the past.

Garcia, who has now claimed five of his 10 European Tour victories on home soil, told the official Tour website: "It's very, very special for me to win at Valderrama.
"I have so much history on this course, but unfortunately it wasn't as good as this before now.
And speaking about his return to form after a three-year barren spell, Garcia added: "I knew that I had the game to win, because I had it before.
"But obviously, when your head is not in the right spot it doesn't matter how much game you have, your muscles won't listen," he added.
Scotland's Richie Ramsey, who led after the opening two rounds, finished a stroke back in third place after carding a 70, while Ireland's Shane Lowry posted an impressive 67 to finish fourth.
Meanwhile, American Bo Van Pelt powered to an emphatic six-shot victory at the Asia Pacific Classic in Malaysia -- a tournament co-sanctioned by the PGA Tour and Asian Tour.
The 36-year-old carded a flawless seven-under-par 64 to finish clear of compatriot Jeff Overton (69), who trailed by just one stroke going into the final round, with Fredrik Jacobson of Sweden (68) a further shot behind in third position.
It is only Van Pelt's second PGA Tour victory following his success in the 2009 U.S. Bank Championship in Milwaukee, while runner-up Overton is still waiting for his first tournament win after 161 events.

custom battery cables
Stephen Pierce
Back to top Go down

Garcia claims back-to-back victories
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon Delta :: Digimon: Delta :: Discussion-
Jump to: