Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Delta

The forum of the popular Digimon adoptable site, Digimon Delta.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hooiveld bemoans Celtic chance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ngdaubiet
Ultimate
Ultimate

Hooiveld bemoans Celtic chance  Empty
PostSubject: Hooiveld bemoans Celtic chance    Hooiveld bemoans Celtic chance  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 6:38 am

Jos Hooiveld believes he was never given the chance to impress during his time at Celtic but feels he is showing his true form at Southampton.

The defender is on loan at the Saints from the Scottish outfit and has helped Nigel Adkins side reach the top of the Championship table.

Despite signing in August, he has already made more appearances with Southampton than he managed in two years for Neil Lennon's side.

Going well

He told the Daily Record: "It's going really well for me down here but I never got a run of games at Celtic. I just never got the chance to show people what I could do there.

"The games I did get I wasn't fit and I didn't have confidence or rhythm in my play. I wasn't able to show anything to the fans.

"That wasn't up to me, it was just how it went. I needed games and it's nice to be given that opportunity at Southampton."

The 28-year-old Dutchman is set to stay at St Mary's until January but could reignite his Celtic career when he returns.

The Hoops have made a disappointing start to the Scottish Premier League season and are already 12 points adrift of leaders Rangers.
Hooiveld admits he is enjoying playing regular games but has not turned his back on Celtic in the long run.

Get some games

He said: "When I heard Southampton were interested in taking me on loan I didn't hesitate as I wanted to go and get some games.

"I know the defence has faced a lot of criticism this season but it doesn't frustrate me that I'm not there.

"The manager chose his own squad and his own players at Celtic for this year and I'm doing really well down here.

"If Johan (Mjallby, assistant manager) says to me in January that Celtic want me back to help them out, of course I'll be happy to do that. I'm still Celtic's player and as long as that's the case, and they want me there, I would go back."

Powerboat Courses
Sitemap
Back to top Go down

Hooiveld bemoans Celtic chance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon Delta :: Digimon: Delta :: Discussion-
Jump to: