Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Delta

The forum of the popular Digimon adoptable site, Digimon Delta.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sociologist Thomas Pilarzyk

Go down 
AuthorMessage
cerberus
Champion
Champion

Sociologist Thomas Pilarzyk Empty
PostSubject: Sociologist Thomas Pilarzyk   Sociologist Thomas Pilarzyk I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:04 am

Official DLM literature predicted the dawn of a new age of peace, the Age of Aquarius, and some followers expected dramatic change or even the Second Coming of Jesus.[44][45] In a letter to premies inviting them to attend the festival, Guru Maharaj Ji said, "This is a festival not for you or me. It is for the whole world and maybe the whole universe."[43] He urged them to support the festival, saying, "Isn't it about time you all get together and help me bring peace to this Earth?"[43] Rennie Davis promised that a practical plan for world peace would be revealed.[46]

Sociologist Thomas Pilarzyk wrote that devotees made "bizarre, 'cultic'" predictions, and suggested that their excitement validated the significance of the event.[47] A member remarked that even normally realistic followers were swayed by the collective fantasies.[48] Sophia Collier, a teenaged member who later left the movement and published a memoir, said that a minority of members, mostly limited to Houston, became victims of a "Millennium Fever" promoted chiefly by Bal Bhagwan Ji.[49] The majority of the premies repeated Bal Bhagwan Ji's ideas out of astonishment, but some actually believed him.[50] Journalists noted that some followers perceived the predicted appearance of Comet Kohoutek as an omen, as a spaceship on its way to Houston, or as the return of the Star of Bethlehem

charms
kilo kontrol ürünleri
Back to top Go down

Sociologist Thomas Pilarzyk
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Digimon Delta :: General :: Announcements-
Jump to: