Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Delta

The forum of the popular Digimon adoptable site, Digimon Delta.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stepanek shocks Monfils

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ngdaubiet
Ultimate
Ultimate

Stepanek shocks Monfils  Empty
PostSubject: Stepanek shocks Monfils    Stepanek shocks Monfils  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 1:07 am

Radek Stepanek claimed victory in the Legg Mason Tennis Classic after a 6-4 6-4 win over top seed Gael Monfils in Washington.

Unseeded Stepanek used an aggressive, net-charging style to good effect as the 32-year-old became the tournament's oldest champion since Jimmy Connors in 1988.

The Czech player was successful on 29 of his 39 trips to the net while Monfils, whose semi-final against John Isner ended at 1.15am local time on Sunday morning, stuck to the baseline.

Stepanek did not even face a break point during the match as his opponent, ranked seventh in the world, dropped his serve once in each set.

Stepanek entered the US Open warm-up event ranked 54th but having won six matches and claiming the scalps of three seeded players, he is set to improve his position.

"We are like a wine: the older we are getting, the better we are. It's a great feeling to be able to compete with the young guys and still beat them," Stepanek said.

The defeated Monfils added: "He was very aggressive. It was very tough to impose my game."

Real Estate for sale in San Diego CA
oras
Back to top Go down

Stepanek shocks Monfils
Page 1 of 1