Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Delta

The forum of the popular Digimon adoptable site, Digimon Delta.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

England winger Downing completes move to Liverpool

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ngdaubiet
Ultimate
Ultimate

England winger Downing completes move to Liverpool  Empty
PostSubject: England winger Downing completes move to Liverpool    England winger Downing completes move to Liverpool  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:23 am

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has made his fourth signing of the close season after completing the $32m capture of England winger Stewart Downing from English Premier League rivals Aston Villa.
The 26-year-old Downing, who has won 27 international caps, follows Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam and Alexander Doni in moving to Anfield.
Dalglish finally got his man, after having initial bids of $20m and $25m turned down by Villa, and Downing could not hide his delight at the move.
Liverpool spending continues with Doni arrival
Downing told the official Liverpool website: "It's been a long time coming and I've had to wait a few weeks, but I'm really pleased to finally be here.

"With the tradition, the manager and the players they have here, there was a big temptation to come and once I knew of their interest, there was only one place I wanted to go," he added.
"My aim is to be in the team, to play well and give something back because the manager has pushed the boat out to get me here, so hopefully I can give him something back."
Downing's signing follows hot on the heels of the arrival of Brazilian international goalkeeper Doni, who will act as understudy to Spanish first-choice Jose Reina.
The 31-year-old Doni, who has won 10 caps for his country, arrives in England after six seasons with Italian side Roma, and Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli added: "We are getting a very experienced goalkeeper who is used to handling the pressure of big games and international matches with Brazil."

Vortex Fan
free sports online dating
Back to top Go down

England winger Downing completes move to Liverpool
Page 1 of 1