Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Delta

The forum of the popular Digimon adoptable site, Digimon Delta.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sabella named Argentina national coach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ngdaubiet
Ultimate
Ultimate

Sabella named Argentina national coach  Empty
PostSubject: Sabella named Argentina national coach    Sabella named Argentina national coach  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 5:26 am

Argentina have confirmed the appointment of Alejandro Sabella as their new national coach in succession to Sergio Batista.
Batista, who had replaced Diego Maradona, was sacked after just eight months in charge following Argentina's Copa America quarterfinal exit to Uruguay earlier this month.
That defeat heaped further pressure on Batista, who had been the subject of a media campaign to oust him following some controversial team selections.
Batista sacked as Argentina coach
The 56-year-old Sabella was Daniel Passarella's assistant coach with both the Argentina and Uruguay national teams.
He then followed Passarella as his number two with club sides Parma in Italy and Corinthians in Brazil.
In March 2009, Sabella took his first senior coaching job with Argentine side Estudiantes and just four months later he led them to their first Copa Libertadores title in 39 years.
Sabella, who won four caps for his country as a player that took in spells in England with both Leeds and Sheffield United, takes over the Argentina reins despite a previous agreement to coach UAE club side Al Jazira.

arkitektlampe
ac repair
Back to top Go down

Sabella named Argentina national coach
Page 1 of 1