Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Everyone! Welcome to Digimon Delta! Many of you might have been wondering, but we are now R E O P E N I N G!
Digimon Delta
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digimon Delta

The forum of the popular Digimon adoptable site, Digimon Delta.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monfils to face Isner in Washington semis

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ngdaubiet
Ultimate
Ultimate

Monfils to face Isner in Washington semis  Empty
PostSubject: Monfils to face Isner in Washington semis    Monfils to face Isner in Washington semis  I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 8:47 pm

Gael Monfils remains on course for his first final appearance of 2011 after a comfortable victory over Serbia's Janko Tipsarevic 6-4, 6-4 in their quarterfinal clash at the Legg Mason Tennis Classic in Washington.
The Frenchman, who is top seed for the event, will play John Isner in the semifinals.
The American (seeded 11th) booked a place in his third straight semifinal of the summer by beating third seed Viktor Troicki in three sets, 7-6(7-5), 3-6, 6-1.
Isner beat Monfils at the same stage of this event in 2007 and holds a 3-2 head-to-head advantage over the Frenchman.

"I need to focus on my serve, as it will be very important to [hold] it," Monfils said of his match-up against Isner, ATPWorldTour.com reported.
"I also have to be relaxed as playing against John is tough, because he gets so many free points, quick points. When I get an opportunity [to break], I need to take it," he added, ATPWorldTour.com reported.
In the other half of the draw, Radek Stepanek made it through to his third semifinal of the season with a straight sets (6-4, 6-4) victory over Spain's Fernando Verdasco.
The 32-year-old Czech came back from a 0-3 deficit in the second set to eventually overpower the fifth seed.
Stepanek will take on Donald Young for a place in Sunday's final.
The 22-year-old American reached his first ATP World Tour semifinal after beating last year's runner-up, and seventh seed Marcos Baghdatis in straight sets 6-3, 7-6(7-4).
Hitler, the German aristocrat and 'the greatest match in history'
"It feels great to make it to my first semi-final. To come through [against] the quality players I've beat this week is great. I'm excited and hopefully I can keep moving forward," Young said, ATPWorldTour.com reported.
Meanwhile at the WTA Carlsbad event in California, top seed Vera Zvonareva booked her place in the last four after a tough three-set victory over 12th seed Sabine Lisicki 6-3, 3-6, 6-4.
The Russian will take on Serbia's Ana Ivanovic who saw off China's Shuai Peng in straight sets 6-4, 6-2.
On the other side of the draw, third seed Agnieszka Radwanska from Poland will face Germany's Andrea Petkovic.
Radwanska lost the opening set of her match against Slovakian Daniela Hantuchova 0-6, but rallied to take the next two sets 6-4, 6-4.
Second seed Petkovic enjoyed a more comfortable win (6-2, 6-1) over American Sloane Stephens.

views on YouTube
impotence natural treatment
Back to top Go down

Monfils to face Isner in Washington semis
Page 1 of 1